Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Who Knew I Needed a Vacation?!?!

VACATION!!!
Jimmie and I have been tackling a major life changing project and for some reason I thought that would go down without a break down.  Hmm...not to smart, I know.  We have been filling out paperwork and thinking and talking about a major move.  While we are both on board and really excited, I think we as humans have issues with change.  As a kid, we moved many times.  I loved it!  As an adult I can look back and see that what I loved was the lack of pressure to really attach, not so healthy.  The upside is that I can adapt to a new scene and love meeting new people.  Now to combine that with what I know a long lasting, healthy relationship is supposed to look like...see why my head was spinning?
It would only make sense that the next thing I would do would be so out of character for me that Jimmie could not even guess the surprise I had planned for us!!  I dropped him off at rehearsal Saturday night and went home, packed, and moved us into a hotel for the weekend.  Brought us all that we needed for a getaway and a private Super Bowl party!!  It was SO nice to not talk about anything too serious, to take our time getting ready in a nice, no clutter, space.  We put a wager on the game with the winner getting to chose our Monday lunch location to end our "retreat"!  I can honestly say that I can't remember the last time I spent money like that on ourselves, but that was Birthday money well spent!!

3 comments:

  1. Oh, I am so glad for you both! I am sure not only was it fun to be in a different setting alone, but not to feel the pressure of the things that always need to be done at home! Good for you!!! I love you two and hope that maybe this can happen more than just this once in your planning stage of the big move:)
    Remember that much of what we experience in our early years prepares us for what God has planned! What can seem healthy or unhealthy He will use it for His glory and your benefit! So take each step in all your moves with Him in prayer and He will give you the peace to do what you are about to do, right? Love Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great Picture by the way!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it mom! Yes, you are so right. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete