Thursday, February 10, 2011

The Y

"It's Fun to Stay at the Y.M.C.A!"


At the beginning of the year Jimmie and I decided to join the Y.  If you are wondering, yes, that  is what all the cool kids call the YMCA.  I was a member in TN and loved it!  There is just something about the Y that is different than your average gym.  Sure the teachers may not be as cut and buff looking, but they look like me so I like it.  They are also normal and will stop and chat with you before or after class.  Jimmie has even, gasp...been able to talk to some of the guys in the weight room!  Normally those meat heads are so worried about their pecks sticking out of their tank tops they can't even say hello.  For sure there are the moments you just want to get in and out and maybe skip the chit chat, but I think if I am paying to show up and spending hours a week someplace, we are going to meet as many people as we can!  
So here is to keeping our resolution of taking care of ourselves while enjoying ourselves.  Zumba class, here I come!

3 comments:

  1. For the love. i'm signed in as aaron again. that was me telling you how cute you are, not aaron!
    :)Jamie

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha!! If Aaron only knew how sweet and encouraging he was!

    ReplyDelete