Sunday, January 9, 2011

Eating Raw

Raw Food Bible

Here is to trying new things in the New Year.  We are going on a Raw Food Cleanse for 2 weeks.  14 days.  Yikes.  There are many reasons we are doing this, one which is clean out our system(literally).
We went out of the country the last two weeks of November and then jumped right into the craziness of the Holidays once we got home.  I am pretty sure we ate out more during that time than we did the rest of the year!!  I am a total homebody and prefer my cooking to most anything you can buy out.  Not that I am an amazing cook, I am just picky and like to eat things the way I like to eat them!!  Of course there are times to eat out: date nights, traveling, or in Austin at one of the million Healthy restaurants we have,  but now that all the celebrating is over it is back to eating at home for us!  I will post our menu for the day and our reviews of the meal.  Hopefully there will be plenty of things that we will want to keep in the rotation.

Stockpile 'o Veggies
Today I hit up Sprouts and Costco in search for everything on my long list.  They had almost everything I needed and I think with a quick trip to HEB tomorrow, we should be good to go.  Anyone else eat raw often?  Any tips or suggestions?

5 comments:

  1. I'm so excited about your blog and your raw eating journey! so fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. that's actually not aaron, but me ....
    :)Jamie

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have been raw foodist sense December 1st. Lovin it. Even Bryan and the kids are eating raw. My favorite forum is rawfoodrehab.com

    More info ck my latest blog post brittanyscottage.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ohhhhh I'm so excited about the new bloggy blog!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Brittany--I will be checking that out!
    Jamie--I was thinking that was a little too excited for Aaron!! haha
    Christine--you would be so proud of us milking our own almonds!!:)

    ReplyDelete